Los Molinos is a rural town in Tehama County. The population was 2,037 at the 2010 census, up from 1,952 at the 2000 census. Rancho Rio de los Molinos was a 22,172-acre Mexican land grant given in 1844 by Governor Manuel Micheltorena to Albert Gallatin Toomes. "Rio de los Molinos" means "River of the Mills". The long narrow grant extended along the east side of the Sacramento River from Dye Creek on the north, to Toomes Creek on the south, and encompassed present-day Los Molinos.